[Milton-L] RE: Screenings for Dangerous Faculty?

Semenza, Gregory gregory.semenza at uconn.edu
Wed Apr 18 23:12:49 EDT 2007

Really well said, Richard.

I do wish to stress, though, that the individuals who've insisted on drawing parallels between the so-called "me-ist" culture of undergrads and what happened at VTech IN NO WAY speak to the beliefs of every member of this group.  I would assume, in fact, that most of the people on this list would find those parallels to be quite as appalling as you do.

If these are the attitudes of our educators toward their students, perhaps faculty should be the ones undergoing the screening tests?

Personally, I think Milton has absolutely nothing to say to the parents whose children were murdered this week, or to the suffering of the several dozen twenty-year olds who witnessed their friends being shot in the head.  In light of these facts, I feel just a bit guilty even participating in this sort of conversation.

Sincerely,
Greg

Gregory M. Colón Semenza
Director of English Graduate Studies