[Milton-L] Student referrals

Jesse Swan jesse.swan at uni.edu
Wed Apr 18 12:19:56 EDT 2007

On passion and venting, our author has a few words, of course:

"This subject the author finding to be above the years he had when he wrote
it, and nothing satisfied with what was begun, left it unfinished," but not,
we all know, unpublished.

"They also serve who only stand and wait," especially when they cannot see
what has, in fact, happened, however frustrating such a condition might be.

On mourning the death of the beautiful, beloved and young, our author has
many words, including some already referenced and these:

"Quod tibi purpureus pudor, et sine labe iuventus
Grata fuit, quod nulla tori libata voluptas,
En etiam tibi virginei servantur honores;
Ipse caput nitidum cinctus rutilante corona,
Letaque frondentis gestans umbracula palmae
Aeternum perages immortales hymenaeos;
Cantus ubi, choreisque furit lyra mista beatis,
Festa Sionaeo bacchantur et orgia thyrso."

Jesse

Jesse G. Swan, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Chair of the CHFA Faculty
University of Northern Iowa
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614-0502