[Milton-L] What have we become?

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Tue Apr 17 12:18:54 EDT 2007

Jameela - thanks for your thougthful words. You are right -
we do resond from our core values, and it is easy enough to
misunderstand what others are saying, and very easy to miss
the emotional thrust in e-mail. I lashed out from hurt and,
yes, from fear. As one of my colleagues said, all of us
associated with college campuses have suddenly been
confronted with our vulnerabilty. I apologize for my earlier
scolding tone. This community means a great deal to me, and
no time more than one of shared loss.

Blessings,
Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU