[Milton-L] What have we become?

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Mon Apr 16 23:13:17 EDT 2007

>I'm more interested in student attitudes toward their own
education
>and think it's a more appropriate topic for this list,
though.  I
>certainly understand the need to vent, though.

I teach at James Madison University. Va Tech is about 3 hours
south and west of us. I'd guess about 3/4 of our students
have kin or friends at Tech. In Harrisonburg, where JMU is,
I'd bet there are a fair number of families with kids at
Tech - at least 3 families in our church do - and thank God
their kids are OK.

I have read the postings on this list with horror.

Don't you people get it?

Thirty three people are dead. Thirty three human beings.

A university community is shattered and in mourning.

And you crap around about politics.

Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU
JMU Safe Zones participant