[Milton-L] keep your pronoun to yourself, please

Carol Barton cbartonphd at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 16 20:25:58 EDT 2007

You, Ms. Walker, need to keep your ignorance to yourself. If you or Carrol
Cox had bothered to attend a Milton conference once in a while, you might
have encountered some of these "chimera"--

in the persons of such scholars as John Shawcross . . . Joseph Wittreich . .
. Al Labriola . . . Michael Lieb . . . Annabel Patterson . . .  Diane
McColley . . . Stella Revard . . . Stanley Fish . . . Steve Fallon . . .
Balachandra Rajan . . . the late Bill Hunter, John Steadman, Anne Davidson
Ferry . . . and so many others too numerous to catalogue here.

Your ignorance is matched only by your arrogance.

Carol Barton