[Milton-L] What have we become?

Carol Barton cbartonphd at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 16 20:15:32 EDT 2007

I was born and raised in New York, Carrol--and have never seen the inside of
a general store.

You are entitled to your opinion, which is typically so far left as to be
nearly as "right" (locationally and philosophically--not qualitatively--as
the one you mock). Zealots of any stripe are irrational . . .

and since I remember a time when the professoriate was embodied by the
learned, and the dignified, and the accomplished, I will thank you to allow
me to maintain the esteem I held for them then, and still hold for those
octogenarians who (dinosaurs though they may be) reify that "fantasy."

Are you such a curmudgeon that you--and your ill-mannered disciple--could
ignore the rest of my message, just for the thrill of beating your tired old
quasi-radical drum?

If so, you have my pity, too.

Carol Barton