[Milton-L] Fwd: Poetry Daily's Poet's Pick April 12, 2007

Nancy Charlton pluscachange at comcast.net
Thu Apr 12 12:08:34 EDT 2007

Hello all --

Poetry Daily has a special feature during April
every year: poets choosing and commenting upon
favorite poems. I thought you might enjoy today's
offering, as it has more than a little to say
about Milton, and for me at least was a
delightful rediscovery of a poem I hadn't thought
much about. I think my own last encounter with
"On a Drop of Dew" involved some kind of
comparison to convex mirrors in Mannerist
paintings, something that doesn't hit home very
hard emotionally. But today it gets magneted to
my refrigerator to be contemplated and memorized!

Nancy Charlton

P.S. A visit to the Poetry Daily web site is a
daily treat for me, and it is awesome to find
hundreds of people writing excellent poetry in an
era which seems to limite itself to hip-hop and Hallmark.