[Milton-L] Miltonia

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Tue Apr 10 14:29:06 EDT 2007

>Actually, we haven't needed them for anything for quite a
long time.  It was ages back that the average CRT was
improved to the point of not letting anything image-burn into
it,
 Right you are - most people use them not to save a screen
but to make a statement of some kind,I guess, or to have
somehting nice to look at. Another example of our language
lagging behind reality. Classic example not soon to be
changed, I think: sunrise, sunset.

And not just langauge, but the language of gesture. When was
the last time you owned a car with crank down side windows?
But how do you get people in the car next to you to lower a
window so you can tell them they've got a loose tailpipe or
something?

Cheers!

Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU