[Milton-L] John Brown and Samson

ghmcloone at earthlink.net ghmcloone at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 25 20:35:05 EDT 2006

Margaret,
No answer to your question, but perhaps of passing interest is a contemporary account of Brown, "The Life, Trial and Execution
of Capt. John Brown" (1859) available on the Avalon Project of the Yale Law School web site.  In it, the author compares Brown to Cromwell more than once, and describes him as a religious "enthusiast" and a "rigid Presbyterian."
George McLoone