[Milton-L] Lawes' Comus

Patricia Stewart pstewart at uga.edu
Thu Sep 14 12:53:07 EDT 2006

Re: [Milton-L] Lawes'  ComusI have a BBC Cassette of John Milton Comus purchased probably in late 1980s.  Jacket says  performance "Adapted and produced by R. D. Smith."  Also:  "This recording is strictly copyright and use is restricted to Educational Purposes.  Unauthorized copying or use for broadcasting purposes is strictly prohibited."  Also two copyright dates: 1973 and "1980 BBC. London ECN 100".  That "ECN 100" is repeated on spine.  Front cover reads:  John Milton COMUS     BBC CASSETTES     Distributed by Audio-Forum    96 Broad St., Guilford, CT 06437
Cassette itself says: "A BBC Program distributed in the U.S.A. by Audio-Forum. Copyright BBC London. All rights reserved."   Also:  "BBC Study Tapes  For educational purposes only."
Performers from jacket:  Patricia Hughes, Robert Harris, Ronald Pickup, Barbara Jefford, Robert Spencer, Jill Not-Bower, Godfrey Kenton, David March, Julia Lang, Catherine MacKintosh, Philip Sawdek, Oliver Brookes.
I do not remember the company I purchased it from, but perhaps there is enough info above to allow you to find a copy.
Pat. Stewart, UGa retired