[Milton-L] Lawes' Comus (online stuff)

John Geraghty johnegeraghty at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 13 18:33:32 EDT 2006

I know there are a few responses to this question in the archives.

I also know of a few links that might be of interest:

A site on the masque: http://www.mith.umd.edu/comus/final/index.htm

   sheet music pictures: http://www.mith.umd.edu/comus/final/multimedia.htm
(can be enlarged and read)
   facsismile of entire Bridgewater manuscript:
http://www.mith.umd.edu/comus/final/trinity01sm.htm
   transcription: http://www.mith.umd.edu/comus/final/trinity01sm.htm

A nice background piece on Lawes and "The Treasury of Musick" :
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/depsta/iss/library/speccoll/bomarch/bommay05.html
   -Has a bibliography at the end of the article

A site from a seminar on Miton's music:
http://www.udel.edu/UR/Miltonmus.html
   -Online ref's and a few musical examples online: ie
http://www.udel.edu/UR/Miltonmus1.html (nicely done piece, I'm listening to
it as I write)  etc.

Hope this helps,

-John