[Milton-L] Lawes' Comus

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Wed Sep 13 20:38:50 EDT 2006

 I inherited from a retiring professor a record (the
>"old-fashioned" kind)entitled: "Comus: A Masque with music
by Henry Lawes
>and Samson Agonistes (excerpts).  It is read by Barbara
Jefford, Ian Holm,
>William Squire, Tony Church, Margaret Rawlings and Gary
Watson. The name
>"argo" is on the box, as is the phrase "special London
import." I have not
>as yet listened to it on a record player, but I wonder if a
copy of it is
>now available in other formats.

Well now! This could be a treasure if it could be revamped
[NOT a technical audio word] into other formats and shared,
respecting copyright. Wow!

Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU
JMU Safe Zones participant