[Milton-L] Lawes' Comus

hnelson at sfu.ca hnelson at sfu.ca
Wed Sep 13 15:10:03 EDT 2006

I'm coming into this discussion rather late, so I am not sure if this has
been mentioned already. I inherited from a retiring professor a record (the
"old-fashioned" kind)entitled: "Comus: A Masque with music by Henry Lawes
and Samson Agonistes (excerpts).  It is read by Barbara Jefford, Ian Holm,
William Squire, Tony Church, Margaret Rawlings and Gary Watson. The name
"argo" is on the box, as is the phrase "special London import." I have not
as yet listened to it on a record player, but I wonder if a copy of it is
now available in other formats.

Holly Faith Nelson, Ph.D.
Associate Professor/First-Year Coordinator
Trinity Western University