[Milton-L] Lawes' Comus

Nancy Charlton pluscachange at comcast.net
Wed Sep 13 13:25:57 EDT 2006

Hi Cynthia,

At 01:37 PM 9/13/2006 -0400, you wrote:

>  I'm
>halting things this afternoon for a workshop on reading out
>loud, but will want to revisit this when we get to PL.  Any
>hints and helps would be much appreciated.

WishI could be a mouse in the corner at your workshop. I coach people
(mostly readers in Chrisitan Science churches) one on one in reading
aloud. This includes a lot of KJV; I can't be truly Early Modern but
I try to get them to observe the poetic conventions where
applicable--which is most everywhere. I go to evensong at the
Episcopal cathedral now and then and always learn something from the
readers of the lessons, both lay and clerical. I'd love to have any
references you might be willing to share.

Best,
Nancy Charlton