[Milton-L] Lawes' Comus

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Wed Sep 13 14:37:00 EDT 2006

>   Hello, one and all,
>
>   I wonder if I might impose upon your expertise for a
>   moment to ask if any of you are aware either of a
>   website through which one might listen to samples of
>   Lawes' music for Comus performed, or if there is a
>   recording/CD out there commercially available of the
>   songs from Milton's Masque?

I too would be interested - I would like my students to hear
the music and even better a performance. They are bright and
willing but having a lot of trouble simply reading the
shorter poems out loud with understanding and clarity. I'm
halting things this afternoon for a workshop on reading out
loud, but will want to revisit this when we get to PL.  Any
hints and helps would be much appreciated.
Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU
JMU Safe Zones participant