[Milton-L] Visual metaphors of Paradise Lost

miriamgi at aol.com miriamgi at aol.com
Tue May 30 23:29:12 EDT 2006

Dear list colleagues,

I am at the end of my master's thesis on the visual metaphors of Paradise Lost. My defense will be in July and there is a question that has been bothering me all the time, which is: isn't there any work referring to the visual metaphors of PL already published? With all my research, I have found many references to PL's metaphors, similes, etc, many of these works from some of you of the list, a wide variety of essays, but none only about the visual metaphors of the epic. I would appreciate if I could have your view on it, experts on Milton as you all are, to feel more secure, because I am sure that this question will be posted by the committee.

Thanks and best regards to all,

Miriam Mansur
UFMG/Brazil