[Milton-L] Milton/genetic modification (was It ain't exactly Milton...)

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Sat May 27 12:45:17 EDT 2006

Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

>>If Milton were alive today, he wouldn't be John
Milton! The question of what he would think now is,
therefore, incoherent. Wherever and whenever I find
myself [yourself/him/herself] I am always already
caught up in an ensemble of social relations apart
from which I have no existence. Put another way, I
don't have a history, I _am_ my history.<<

And in a few short years, we could even have a
genetically modified non-Milton!

Jeffery Hodges

University Degrees:

Ph.D., History, U.C. Berkeley