[Milton-L] Milton/genetic modification (was It ain't exactly Milton ...)

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Sat May 27 12:41:32 EDT 2006

Nancy Charlton <pluscachange at comcast.net> wrote:

>>If JM were our contemporary, how would he view
genetic modification? Or even the genetic discoveries
anterior to the modification? Does this belong to the
Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, or to the Tree
of Life?<<

Since our doom in this fallen world is to know good
through knowing evil, then Milton would doubtless
suspect that we will come to know much good through
genetic modification.

Jeffery Hodges

University Degrees:

Ph.D., History, U.C. Berkeley