[Milton-L] Milton/genetic modification (was It ain't exactly Milton ...)

Jameela Lares Jameela.Lares at usm.edu
Sat May 27 13:58:19 EDT 2006

Interesting question!  I suppose one could extrapolate from what he said about
new discoveries in general.  I'm not sure that genetic modification is the same
as "not nice art," and however we feel about the lush/wild garden of Paradise,
Milton cautions us in _Areopagitica_ that we have to deal with postlapsarian
realities.

On a good day, I think I could summon up an answer, but I seem to have taken the
weekend's promise of rest seriously.  I'd be interested in hearing what those
less laid back have to say.

Jameela

--
Jameela Lares, Ph.D.