[Milton-L] LET'S SPELL THE MAN'S NAME RIGHT

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Sat May 20 14:20:40 EDT 2006

Carrol Cox wrote:

>>Horace Jeffery Hodges has reminded us several times,
most recently today, of the spelling of his middle
name. Shouldn't a scholarly list begin to notice?
:-)<<

Thanks, Carrol. I imagine that you've suffered with
your name as well.

In the first grade, my teacher 'corrected' the
spelling of my name, and though I was skeptical, I
spelled it her way, "Jeffrey," until I was 28 and
needed my birth certificate for something, whereupon I
discovered that I had been correct.

Since then, I've been trying to rectify that long
error ... unsuccessfully, now that the Internet has
compounded the problem with multiple renderings of me
as "Jeffrey."

In Australia, they even wrote "Geoffrey"! That sure
was worse!

By the way, it's good to see your post. I'd been
wondering why you hadn't posted anything for some
time, but any man who can shout out in full caps must
be fully alive and kicking.

Jeffery Hodges

University Degrees:

Ph.D., History, U.C. Berkeley