[Milton-L] recordings for blind and dyslexic

Margaret Thickstun mthickst at hamilton.edu
Sun May 14 12:35:27 EDT 2006

At the beginning of the semester I asked about recordings of PL for a
severely dyslexic student of mine.
We ordered several versions (and our library had the first four books
on cassette tape, read by Anthony Quayle!  My student used Anton
Lesser's recording (on Naxos, which apparently has a series, "Great
Epics"--it does say "abridged," but he read along in his book) and
found it so helpful that I am strongly considering requiring all of
my students to listen to portions of the poem when I teach it next.

Thank you to everyone for advice and suggestions.--Margie
--
Margaret Thickstun
Elizabeth J. McCormack Professor of English