[Milton-L] Directly

shaw at ulm.edu shaw at ulm.edu
Mon Jul 31 17:52:43 EDT 2006

I think Milton's God the Father has all the traditional attributes but
at the same time is immensely creative.  Foreseeing the fall, he
creates the Son not only to create the world and redeem it but also as
another self through whom He may recreate Himself--in his own
image--when the fall threatens to change his very nature of being all
just and all loving at the same time.

Is this a traditional reading?

Best,
Julia Guernsey-Shaw