[Milton-L] Directly

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 17:51:25 EDT 2006

If Milton is intentionally portraying a God who has made a minor
inaccuracy, then he is portraying a God who is either mendacious or
lacks omniscience.

Is it plausible that Milton would intentionally present such a God?

My inclination is to say no, esp. given the stated intent of PL, but I
think this argument needs to be made from Milton's other works.  My
impression of Milton is that God the Father has all the traditional
attributes of God: infinity, omniscience, omnipotence, goodness, etc.,
but I'm sure others could speak in much more detail than I about this.