[Milton-L] OT: Public readings of texts

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 12:55:02 EDT 2006

A person I know wants to stage a public reading Salinger's _Catcher_
-- no admission charged. It's unclear to me if this reading will or
will not be in an educational context. Do you think he needs
permission?  I've read many discussions about circumstances similar to
this on several listserves, but am not sure about this particular
case.

I apologize for the off topic post -- if you'd like to email responses
to me off list, especially if you have personal experience with this
kind of thing -- that'd be great.  I know many here stage public
readings of PL, but I'm not sure the rights issues would be quite the
same, and Milton certainly doesn't have a cadre of super zealous
lawyers backing him up.  I can send a brief digest of the range of

Thank you in advance.

http://thephilosopersstone.blogspot.com