[Milton-L] Free Will, Forgiveness

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 17:31:38 EDT 2006

Why not?  Having to stop for directions, even if it's technically a
veering away from one's intended destination, does not mean that you
still aren't committed to your destination.  Every step is leading you
to your goal--you are going there "directly."  When one knows one's
route, then segues off the main route mean you're not taking a direct
route. But if you don't know your route, stopping to orient oneself
from a particularly good vantage point or to get directions is still
direct progress toward your goal.  "Direct" need not be only a
geographical (or cosmological) descriptor.

Jim R