[Milton-L] Free Will, Forgiveness

Michael Bryson michael.bryson at csun.edu
Thu Jul 27 16:17:15 EDT 2006

On this distinction, I thought Michael Lieb's recent discussion of DDC in *Theological Milton* was outstanding. He illuminates, most persuasively in my view, Milton's emphasis on the hidden and apophatic deity in the treatise. I don't see such an emphasis (on Milton's part) as being inimical to rationality, as much as being an analysis of the limits thereof.

But I can definitely agree that he doesn't bow in silence before the unsearchable. I don't think he bows, and I don't think he's silent.

Michael Bryson

>Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 17:42:24 -0400
>From: Stephen Fallon <fallon.1 at nd.edu>
>Subject: Re: [Milton-L] Free Will, Forgiveness