[Milton-L] Free Will, Forgiveness

cobelli at aol.com cobelli at aol.com
Thu Jul 27 15:04:38 EDT 2006

According to Rene Girard, the passion of Christ breaks the scapegoating mechanism of a religious system based on an dynamic between the sacred and the violent (based to some degree on vengeance). See his tome, Things Hidden Since the Foundation of the World, especially chapter four.

Scott Grunow
Department of English
University of Illinois at Chicago