[Milton-L] Resend of question re Judaism

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Thu Jul 27 13:52:52 EDT 2006

>I can't resist pointing out (despite opinions to the
contrary of some of my Southern Baptist students) that Jesus
was himself a Jew, as were his terrestrial mother and father.
He didn't know at the time that he was
preaching "Christianity."

Many years ago I had a student in freshman comp comment, in
what context I have long forgotten, that the Virgin Mary was
given the privilege of being Jesus' mother "because she was
such a good Christian."

I was speechless!
Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU