[Milton-L] Resend of question re Judaism

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 10:11:49 EDT 2006

I'm curious of the definition of "hatred" being used in this
discussion, as well as the definition of "religion."  I ask because in
my experience "certain disagreement" is often mistaken for hatred, and
leaders who serve their own economic and social interests are often
identified with religious teaching -- ignoring the central tenets of
the religion itself.

Christ taught his disciples to love their enemies, and that is the
teaching of Christianity.  I would say that those Christians or
Christian institutions who acted otherwise are doing so -in spite of-
their religion, rather than -because of- it.

I don't see anything in the Torah instructing Jews to hate their
enemies, and the Koran has specific instructions about how to live
peaceably with Jews and Christians.