[Milton-L] Resend of question re Judaism

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Wed Jul 26 23:20:14 EDT 2006

 and I am sorry that you have
>come to equate the evil attitudes you have encountered
toward gays and
>blacks with "religion."

No - you mistake me - I don't confuse those people
with 'religion' - I see Phelps and his ilk as a sect, for
sure, and an extreme one.  But I also recognize that less
extreme expressions can also be hateful in their origin and
intent - that was my point about the exhibet in Birmingham.
Hatred does not have to be as crude as Fred to still be
harmful.

As an Episcopal priest, I don't see my own church as
blameless in this, but certainly on the right track.

MLK trusted that the long curve of history was on the side of
justice, and so do I.

Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU
JMU Safe Zones participant