[Milton-L] Re: Forgiveness, free will, M's God

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 23:31:38 EDT 2006

The problem with Mr. Strier's comment is that it can very easily be
turned around: those who deny that the others' hands are clean are
simply attempting to alleviate their individual guilt by spreading it.
 It also fails to take into account human dignity to choose, and the
difference between "choice" and "preconditions" that I attempted to
establish in an earlier post.  If forgiveness is available to all
there are no preconditions; if one must choose to receive it, that is
only respect for human dignity, freedom, and the meaning of human
actions.  A God who forces forgiveness upon all renders their
decisions and actions meaningless.  I wouldn't treat my own children
that way...