[Milton-L] The War in Heaven

John Rumrich rumrich at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 12 14:27:26 EDT 2006

Fred Hoerner published a carefully argued essay discussing Adam's
invention of fire in the contexts of Augustinian theology and practice
theory.  In it, he addresses many of the concerns touched on in this
thread.

Here's the citation:  Fred Hoerner, "'Fire to Use': A Practice-Theory
Approach to Paradise Lost," Summer 1995, 51: 94-117.

John Rumrich