[Milton-L] The War in Heaven

gilliaca at jmu.edu gilliaca at jmu.edu
Tue Jul 11 15:35:23 EDT 2006

>Of course the Chariot is
>> technological. It has wheels!
>>
>> Carrol
>
>An analogous argument: "of course primitive societies are
capitalistic. They
>have money!" True?

Um ... Carrol, were you thinking 'machine?'  A lever is a
simple machine and so is an inclined plane - is a wheel? This
is a genuine question from the depths of my ignorance, not a
smart-alec response.

In college long ago my history professor in a fit of pique
pulled down too hard on the classroom's roll-down map of
Europe, ripping the whole shebang off the wall. He said, "Oh
well - I never had any luck with machinery!"

Cynthia A. Gilliatt
English Department, JMU
JMU Safe Zones participant