[Milton-L] The War in Heaven

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jul 11 13:18:51 EDT 2006

gilliaca at jmu.edu wrote:

> I will be teaching our Milton course this fall, and as
> always, will probably find teaching the War in Heaven
> contextualized by the war in Iraq.
>
> At JMU we have a large contingent of ROTC students, and we
> have a good number of students with military family
> connections - siblings, uncles, aunts, parents in the
> military and in many cases serving active duty abroad - so
> that the reality of earthbound warfare is a present part of
> life to many students.

You might find it useful to google Stan  Goff.

Here is a particular entry from his web site, in which he looks at
Haditha through the perspective of his military service in Vietnam:

http://stangoff.com/?p=296

The last I knew, his son was in the military serving in Iraq. Stan was
one of the founders and is a member of the coordinating committee of
Bring Them Home Now, a campaign of military families, veterans, active
duty personnel, reservists against the war in Iraq. His last military
service was in the 1994 U.S. invasion of Haiti. It turned him red.

Carrol