[Milton-L] The War in Heaven

abradley95 at aol.com abradley95 at aol.com
Sun Jul 9 16:18:01 EDT 2006

In her book about Milton, Marjorie Nicholson commented that she once had a returning student who had fought in WWI.  He said he kept looking for a description of warfare which would capture what he experienced, but he could never find one until he read Milton's description of the war in heaven.  He felt that Milton captured it.

It has been a while since I read Nicholson's text, but the commentary struck me.

Ann Bradley