[Milton-L] On Miltonic poetry

Burbery, Timothy burbery at marshall.edu
Thu Jul 6 16:39:53 EDT 2006

Thanks, John and Mitch, for the Nygren reference.  I'll have to consult
Agape and Eros.  For what it's worth, I was thinking of erotic
interpretation less in terms of filling the critic's need, as
demonstrating an openness to beauty and pleasure within the text.
Frankly, in this sense, I find much criticism, my own included, rather
un-erotic.  And I was wondering there are many good poems out there that
appreciate Milton both aesthetically and critically.  I'm looking
forward to seeing if the works recommended to me by the list-serve fit
those criteria or not.

Best,

Tim B.