[Milton-L] Poems about Milton?

Carol Barton cbartonphd at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 4 14:13:55 EDT 2006

Haven't been following this thread too closely--tied up with other crises at
the moment--but I'd think a quick perusal of John Shawcross' excellent (and
characteristically thorough) bibliographies and a glance at the _Milton
Encyclopedia_ would be likely to offer much more accessible fruit than any
random Internet search is going to yield. There are a number of other 18th
century poems on Milton, his hair (such as the one by Leigh Hunt), and the
desecration of his grave that I'm sure are cited there.

Hope that's helpful . . . and Happy Fourth!

Carol Barton