[Milton-L] On Miltonic poetry, Greek groceries, Augustinian hermeneutics

ferment1 at go.com ferment1 at go.com
Mon Jul 3 22:29:20 EDT 2006

Carl. thanks for correcting my last name from bassinger to basinger.
It's a cross or cros we Basingers have to bear.  I said once in
correcting someone that I can make an ass of myself so he needn't
exert  himself.  In reading Augustine and 17 back across to the blonde
Greek handler of produce, I'd look for a start in the going-to-fat Frat
Brother Raphael dropping in on A&E for lunch in Book V and with keen
despatch of real hunger goes after the produce that Eve has brought
from God's pick-it-yourself garden.  Just for fun one might imagine
Adam as helping Eve out by taking India East while she does India West,
following her list.  Just so, then if Adam is blonde and Greek, why
not, we can, in God's eternal present, fastforward him to your Greek
deli, naming veggies as Eve had written them, just as you walked by.
We'd get to the shores of agape by the end of Book 8, or at least get
to Raphael pointing them out with one hand while he took a last morsel
with the other.    Yrs, J Basinger