[Milton-L] bastard truth

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 4 11:22:42 EST 2006

Greg, I searched the net using Advanced Google and
found 619 items within seconds.

Go to "Advanced Google":

http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en

Find the slot labeled:

"with the exact phrase"

Paste in your word string:

"Truth never comes into the world but like a bastard,
to the ignominy of him that brought her birth."

And up come 619 items.

Even a shorter word-string will find what you're
looking for. In this instance, I figured that the
entire quote would exist online, so I simply copied
and pasted the entire string of words, but if you're
typing rather than copying and pasting, then even the
short expression "Truth never comes" will enable you
to quickly find your quote.

Jeffery Hodges

--- Greg Lowe <irnbrigade at hotmail.com> wrote:

---------------------------------

"Truth never comes into the world but like a bastard,
to the ignominy of him that brought her birth."

I have recently encountered this sentence attibuted to
Milton in an online political argument (foolish to
involve myself in such wasteful enterprises). I feel
that I should know from what work this sentence is
pulled, but I do not nor have I found it by searching
the net. I thought my friends here could inform me in
quick order.

Thanks in advance,

Greg Lowe

University Degrees: