[Milton-L] recordings for blind and dyslexic

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Feb 1 08:44:52 EST 2006

Margaret Thickstun wrote:

> Thank you to everyone on the list for these excellent suggestions.  I
> now have my student settled in with the first four books read by
> Anthony Quayle (pretty dramatic, but he doesn't seem to have gotten
> any further!) as we await the arrival of other versions, and I am
> thinking about the possibility that all the students could benefit
> from some reading along to recordings at the beginning, as they
> acclimate themselves to Milton's sentences.--Margie

Having a recording of a text can make it _much_ easier for untrained
readers to follow. Some years ago I conducted a study group on KM's
_Wages, Price & Profit_. Several of the members had only a h.s.
education and had never read much if any complex prose. I taped the work
myself (unfortunately, the tapes are now lost), and it worked
beautifully.

Carrol