[Milton-L] query

Carmela McIntire carmelamcintire at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 28 20:39:57 EDT 2006

Somewhere, and I will try to find the reference, there
is an article on ways to make the students'
"prereading" of Paradise Lost useful to them as they
do it, and at the same time provide a way to check on
whether they've done it. The professor who wrote the
article had the students choose whether they wanted to
create a visual representation of Milton's cosmos (I
can't fill in more on this because I just don't
remember) OR, as they read it, putting all the
elements of the narrative in order--re-ordering the
books of PL, of course, but also rewriting the
narrative so that that their version takes into
account the events of all epic similes, digressions,
etc. I think this must be a pre-Internet assignment.

Carmela McIntire