[Milton-L] Wickenheiser collection moves to South Carolina

Stephen Fallon sfallon at nd.edu
Sat Aug 26 13:44:21 EDT 2006

Bob Wickenheiser introduced me to Milton when I was a Princeton
sophomore.  I enrolled in his section of Chaucer to Pope, a
prerequisite for the English major, with the idea of getting the old
stuff out of the way so that I could concentrate on modern
literature, the novel in particular.  As a result of Bob's
extraordinary teaching and his enthusiasm for the seventeenth century
and Milton, what I thought was an initial obstacle became a
lifetime's passion.

I saw the collection in its early life and I've followed its growth
with admiration.  South Carolina will now be a frequent destination
for Milton scholars.

Steve Fallon