[Milton-L] Milton on the Sacred and the Profane?

Jeffrey Shoulson jshoulson at miami.edu
Tue Aug 22 11:34:18 EDT 2006

Though I haven't directly addressed the purity/impurity question in
my own research, it seems to me the place to start is in Michael
Lieb's magisterial Poetics of the Holy.  The final section of
Michael's exhaustively researched book is called "Res Sacrae" and it
includes numerous references to the Levitical holiness code.
Hope that helps.
Jeffrey Shoulson

Jeffrey S. Shoulson, Ph. D.
Associate Professor of English and Judaic Studies
University of Miami
PO Box 248145
Coral Gables, FL 33156

(o) 305-284-5596