[Milton-L] Like a Virgin

John Rumrich rumrich at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Aug 21 20:29:54 EDT 2006

In today's NY Times there's a nice little review of an amateur poet's
book dealing with poetic form.  I read the review partly because I'm
a fan of the author, Stephen Fry, particularly for his turn in the
role of Jeeves in "Jeeves and Wooster."

As reported, one of his footnotes reads "Presbyterians, as you may
know although Milton probably did not, is an anagram of Britney
Spears."  Old priests are with her writ just as large though a bit
confused, I guess.

I thought you'd want to know if like me you didn't already.

John Rumrich