[Milton-L] Milton and Boehme

Alan Rudrum rudrum at shaw.ca
Sat Aug 12 14:31:20 EDT 2006

Richard Strier wrote:
> On the wilder side, including mysticism, see Nuttall,/ Holy Spirit in
> Puritan Faith & Experience/ (a very great book), and Hill,/ World
> Turned/, of course.  More specialized studies of Boehme in England, etc.

> Google Milton and Boehme.   Margaret Bailey's book is not wonderful but I have read worse.

Richard Strier is right about Nuttall's book.  Pity that people will
write about Samson Agonistes with no reference to it.
MILTON AND JAKOB BOEHME
Margaret L. Bailey
Studies the impact of Boehme's writing on Milton and his contemporaries.
Reprint edition. 1969: 250 pages. (Haskell)
ISBN:
4YYT
List Price: $75.00
NOW: $5.95