[Milton-L] Strier, disquised departures

John Geraghty johnegeraghty at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 11 15:33:33 EDT 2006

Alexander Gill's Sacred Philosophie would be a good text to read, especially re Cabala. I placed a copy at: http://www.johngeraghty.com/Literature/Texts/Gill/ It's an interesting book, and and interesting choice for a Magnum Opus in the twilight of his years, also interesting in that he wrote it in English, unlike Logonomia, and dedicated it to the Mercers.

He has numerous citations in it  to the famous Pistorius compendium " Artis Cabalisticae..."
which I have, incomplete and unorganized, at http://www.johngeraghty.com/Literature/Texts/Pistorius/artis_cabalisticae/

Fletcher points this out in the  first Book of his "Intellectual Development..." and promises more detail but I have not found anything he published that delivers, in any depth, on that promise - If anyone knows I'd love to hear it.

The CATALOGVS which lists all works included is at:
http://www.johngeraghty.com/Literature/Texts/Pistorius/old_Artis_Cabalisticae/Artis_1587_Catalogus.jpg

-John

All the worlds a stage, and this is just ENACT

T  he queen of Beauty to the blossom'd meads;
C  harm'd in her train admiring Hymen moves,
A  nd tiptoe Graces hand in hand with Loves
N  ext, while on pausing step the masked mimes
ENACT the triumphs of forgotten times,

Conceal from vulgar throngs the mystic truth,
Or charm with Wisdom's lore the initiate youth