[Milton-L] Divine Foreknowledge and Human Freedom

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 17:25:30 EDT 2006

Does the "amount" of evil ever really matter to our thinking, though?
I would argue that it does not, because we cannot usually conceive of
evil that isn't an extension of evil already committed, so are always
faced with the problem of evil no matter how much evil exists.  If the
only evil ever committed in the world was that a single child died, we
would still be asking God why it happened--without any conception of
the possibility of a Holocaust--and a theodicy would still become a
necessity.