[Milton-L] Re: Cynthia's list (and Carol's additions)

Horace Jeffery Hodges jefferyhodges at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 3 13:05:24 EDT 2006

Jason Kerr wrote:

>>As I'm sure everyone on this list would agree,
sometimes one just needs to make the investment of
time .... Having said all this, I still think I
understand where the Samuel Johnsons of the world are
coming from ("None ever wished it longer"). I am,
after all, reading the Faery Queene, albeit with
pleasure.<<

This is why I disagree with Carrol Cox on the
'valence' that I'd attach to immortality. I'd assign
not a 'negative' but a 'positive.' I need an eternity
just to finish my reading list (especially since I
read all of those little scholarly footnotes -- and in
hypertext, the footnotes to the little footnotes --
reveling in the obscure).

Jeffery Hodges

University Degrees:

Ph.D., History, U.C. Berkeley