:-) Re: [Milton-L] Re: porno vs. art?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Nov 30 16:01:30 EST 2005

Horace Jeffery Hodges wrote:

> Anyway, there being a need for censors with acute
> reading skills, I offer my services to governments
> willing to pay and hope that Jeffrey Shoulson will
> provide me a glowing letter of recommendation.

Back in the '60s there was a colleague in the ISU English department who
had once served as the 'reader' for the Detroit Police Department. His
job was to look at potentially obscene books and advise the PD as to
which should be banned. He had a couple hundred pornographic books which
had been given him to judge.

We are really straying from PL now it seems.

Carrol