[Milton-L] censorship and pl

Cristine Soliz csoliz at csoliz.com
Wed Nov 30 15:01:10 EST 2005

I wonder if this prohibition by the Catholic Church wasn't motivated by
Milton's protestantism rather than their fear of sex.  I got fired from
teaching Catholic Sunday school when I was just out of high school because I
had brought in a sheet of biblical verses that had been published by a
Protestant company and discussed the verses in class. Being kicked out of a
volunteer job was traumatic for me, but at least I got an insight into the
effects of censorship.

--
Dr. Cristine Soliz
PhD in Comparative Literature